cranberry orange scones
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|2 mins||1 min||yes||easy|
These Cranberry Oranges Scones would be the perfect low carb option to add to any holiday breakfast or brunch table. Because even those with dietary restrictions deserve to bake and treat themselves over the holiday season.
- scotty's everyday biscuit mix
- 1 stick frozen butter
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- egg wash
- 1 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener with erythritol
- 2 tsbp water
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium size bowl, empty the contents of the biscuit mix package
- Follow the package instructions for adding small pieces of frozen butter to the mix. Slowly add ice water and one lightly beaten egg, stirring until a dough is formed.
- Mix in fresh cranberries, orange zest and vanilla
- Shape the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove chilled dough, unwrap and roll into a 10 inch circle. Using a pizza cutter, make 8 equal wedges.
- Place wedges onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush lightly with egg wash. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before icing. For glaze, mix powdered sugar substitute and water. Drizzle glaze over scones.