zucchini pizza with basil oil
and cashew ricotta
Recipe by: @veganbasil
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|15 mins||25 mins||yes||easy|
When I received this new vegan pizza crust from @scottyseveryday I knew it was finally time to make homemade cashew cheese! See below for instructions on making this loaded vegan pizza.
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or you can use juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (if you don’t mind it, otherwise you can leave out)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt + pepper (I used smoked sea salt - shout out to @krekandbake for the reco! + rainbow peppercorns from TJ’s)
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for about an hour (until they start to feel softer - this will make them easier to blend and helps to create a more creamy texture)
- Blend the cashews + all the remaining ingredients (make sure to add the ½ cup of water here)
- Taste and adjust your ingredients if needed. Maybe you want to add some fancy ingredients like truffle oil or fresh oregano or basil. Oooo so good!
- 🌱 Now that you’ve got your cashew cheese and oil ready to go, slice your zucchini/squash into thin disks and set aside. Then, you’ll want to make your pizza crust and load the toppings! Start with spreading a thin layer (½ cup) of your fave tomato sauce on the uncooked dough followed by a layer of zucchini/squash and then pop into the oven.
- 🌱 Once ready and out of the oven, add the arugula, basil oil, cashew ricotta and then DEVOUR because it’s so so good! #scottyseveryday 😋