upside-down apple cake
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||35 mins||yes||easy|
Every now and again it's nice to change things up from the usual bowl of ice cream and @wellness.with.ali just turned our world upside down with this apple cake recipe!
It has the perfect level of sweetness. A soft layer of cake, topped with baked apple slices that still have the slightest bite to them, and met by a delicious crunch of pecans.
Best part? you only need a bag of our cake mix, 3 ingredients, and a little over 30 minutes total to prep and cook this sweet treat!
- 1 package of scotty's everyday cake mix
- 1 apple
- liquid sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare scotty's everyday cake mix per instructions.
- Cut apple into thin slices
- Pour liquid sweetener of choice so that a thin layer coats the pan. I used maple syrup, but feel free to use whatever you'd like!
- Place apple slices evenly around the pan.
- Pour cake mix on top of apples and place in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once the cake is ready, top with chopped pecans and enjoy!