strawberry pistachio sweet rolls
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|120 mins||45 mins||yes||easy|
Nothing makes us quite as happy as freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Switch up the plain frosting for some strawberries and pistachios and you'll never eat a classic cinnamon roll again!
The strawberry whipped cream is optional but absolutely delicious! You can always sub this out for regular whipped cream or just some left over strawberry juice from the jam.
- 1 package of scotty's everyday bread mix
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar or sweetener alternative
- 2 tbsp brewed lemon ginger tea
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Mash the berries and toss into a sauce pan with sweetener and lemon ginger tea over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Once the dough has risen for 2 hours, roll it out into a rectangle shape between two sheets of greased parchment.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped pistachios, the cooled strawberry jam and cinnamon.
- Then roll it up into a tube like shape and cut into 5 or 6 slices. Place into a greased baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream or make your own with some heavy whipping cream and the juice from the strawberry jam.