One of our best hacks for preventing fruit or veggies from going bad is tossing them into the freezer to use for a smoothie or a meal later on. @kaleandkiddos shared this recipe that called for frozen raspberries and gave us another reason to purposefully buy too many raspberries next time we're grocery shopping!
Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1 package of scotty's everyday biscuit mix
- 1 stick butter, grated
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 small container organic raspberries, halved and frozen
- 3 tbsp granular sugar alternative (monk fruit works well)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Pour the mix into a bowl and add sweetener.
- Incorporate the butter and water and mix until just combined and then gently fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Pat into a 4”x10” rectangle and cut out 2-3” circles. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool. Cut in half, add sugar-free whipped topping and raspberries to the center. Top with the other half of the biscuit and layer on more whipped topping, raspberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar!