low carb vanilla
Recipe by: @looking_radishing
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||20 mins||yes||easy|
Not a pie person? I’ve got the perfect holiday dessert for you: vanilla cupcakes with cranberry filling and chocolate frosting!
These cupcakes use @scottyseveryday cupcake mix, which is gluten free, Keto-friendly, nut free and have no added sugar! It can be whipped up in just about 30 minutes from start to finish. Simply add water, eggs, vanilla and butter or coconut oil to the mix and voila! Your cupcakes are ready to bake. I paired mine with a cranberry filling and a delicious chocolate frosting that also can be made in minutes!
- 1 pack of Scotty's Everyday Cupcake + Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen work)
- 1/2 cup of cranberries (fresh or frozen works)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- One package of fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of chocolate nut butter or spread
- 2 tablespoons of milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees
- In a large bowl, combine 3 eggs, 6 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well. Add in @scottyseveryday vanilla baking mix and stir until combined
- Pour batter into a lined cupcake tin and bake for 20-22 minutes
- To make the filling, heat a saucepan on medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen work) and 1/2 cup of cranberries (fresh or frozen works). Stir occasionally, using a spatula to mash the fruit into a jam-texture. Add 1/4 cup of honey. Mix again. Remove from heat to once it reaches the jam consistency
- To make the frosting, allow one package of fat free cream cheese to come to room temperature. Add 1/4 cup of chocolate nut butter or spread, 2 tablespoons of milk of choice and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix well
- Once cupcakes have baked and cooled for 15-20 minutes, remove the center and add in the jam. Then frost each cupcake and top with one cranberry. Store in the fridge to set. Enjoy!