lime poke cake
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|15 mins||25 mins||yes||easy|
Anyone else craving spring flavors with the warmer weather?!
This lime poke cake will hit the spot with it's fluffy texture and slight tang.
- 1 package of scotty's everyday cupcake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 lime seltzer
- 1 package of lime sugar free jello
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Follow the directions as on the package. Substitute the water for a lemon or lime seltzer and bake for 25 mins.
- Once cooled, poke holes in sporadically throughout the cake. I used a metal straw for this.
- Make 1 package of lime sugar free jello. I substituted the cold water as on the directions with the lemon lime seltzer.
- Pour the jello mixture, once it has slightly combined and starting to jell, on the cooled cake.
- Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden.
- While it’s hardening and forming, mix all ingredients for the whipped cream until peaks begin to form.
- Top the hardened cake with your whipped cream and enjoy!