keto sausage stuffing
Recipe by: @sweetketolife
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||20 mins||yes||medium|
Easy Keto Sausage Stuffing!
I'm totally in love with how my stuffing came out this year! Using freshly baked keto bread that actually tastes like bread made this 1000% better! Plus this bread is 0 net carbs!
@scottyseveryday saved my keto holidays this year with their super easy and delicious bread mix.
- 1 pack of Scotty's Bread Mix (prepared)
- 2 ½ lb. sweet Italian sausage, grounded
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage, or 2 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried, crushed
- Prepare Scotty’s Bread Mix as directed in the package
- Preheat your oven to 350F and bake your bread for 25 minutes
- Let the bread rest for 5 minutes and cut it into small cubes. Place them in a prepared baking sheet. Add a drizzle of olive oil to coat the bread, then add salt, 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves and toss to combine
- Bake until golden brown at 350F for 20 minutes
- In a large pan on medium heat, cook your ground Italian sausage until fully cooked
- Remove your cooked sausage and cook the minced garlic, chopped onions, and chopped celery until soft. Remove from the heat and add fresh parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary. Mix well
- In a large baking dish, add bread croutons, cooked sausage, celery mix, 3 beaten eggs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and chicken broth. Mix well
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with tin foil. Remove tin foil and bake for 25 more minutes at 350F. Enjoy!