low carb chocolate coconut mini cupcakes
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly|
|10 mins||12-15 mins||yes|
Chocolate Coconut Mini Cupcakes! 🎄 But make them a festive snowy tree wonderland! These mini cupcakes are bites of chocolatey cake, creamy frosting, and chewy coconut. The perfect, showstopping dessert for the holidays or just because you feel like baking! I love Scottys Everyday baking mixes for three reasons, they taste delicious, are super easy to make, and have no grainy texture or aftertaste! Every baking mix is zero net carbs, no nut flours, are non-GMO, and great for keto and gluten free lifestyles.
- scotty's everyday cupcake & cake mix
- 6 tablespoons unsalted plant butter; melted and cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs; room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can keto frosting (half kept white and half colored green)-- unsweetened coconut flakes
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- small round sprinkles and stars to decorate the trees
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 24-count mini cupcake pan (or 12-count standard cupcake pan) with baking cups.
- Whisk together the melted unsalted plant butter, coffee/espresso, eggs, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the cupcake mix and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add the wet ingredients and fold until the batter is combined.
- Fill the baking cups ¾ of the way full and bake for 10-12 minutes (or 12 to 15 minutes if standard sized cupcakes).
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and from the baking pan. Allow them to cool to room temperature before decorating.
- Add each color of frosting to a separate piping bag. The white is a standard round piping tip, and the green is a Wilton #21. Fill a shallow dish with unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Pipe a white circle onto the cupcake and dip into the unsweetened coconut flakes until fully coated.
- Pipe 3 green layers to make tree branches on a tree. Sprinkle the tree with small sprinkles and top with a yellow star.
- Continue until all the cupcakes have been decorated and enjoy!