keto bread pudding
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|15 mins||35 mins||yes||easy|
keto bread pudding w/ brown butter sauce using the scotty's everyday bread mix which is ZERO net carbs per serving, gluten-free and free from nut flours!
- 1/2 a loaf of scotty's everyday bread cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk or flavored dairy free creamer
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Whisk together eggs, milk or creamer, 1 tsp of vanilla + spices, set aside.
- Add scotty's everyday bread cubes to a 8x8 pan or skillet, pour mixture over bread cubes and let soak for at least 20 mins.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Brown butter sauce:
Brown 1/2 stick of butter, add 1/2 cup of brown sugar substitute and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix until combined over low heat, let sit until bubbling at medium heat.
- When bubbling remove from heat and add in 2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix and set aside to let it thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened pour it over the bread and enjoy!