keto banh bao
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||20 mins||yes||easy|
If you've ever had a dumpling and wished you could recreate a bigger version of it, these banh bao's are for you.
Though they're traditionally filled with pork belly, the filling can be adjusted to use whatever you have on hand. For these @theketoroomm used Chinese sausage and ground pork.
- 1 package of scotty's everyday bread mix
- 4 qual or regular eggs
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 1/2 pound of Chinese sausage
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1/2 cup of wood ear mushrooms
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce
- Prepare the scotty's everyday keto bread mix according to the package.
- While dough is rising, hard boil eggs and cut in half, cut Chinese sausage in half inch slices, and dice the onion and mushrooms.
- Aside from the hard boiled eggs, combine all ingredients using a hand mixer.
- Drizzle a little evoo on the dough and roll out to a thin circle.
- Cut medium sized circles from the dough and begin stuffing them with the filling leaving room for half a hard boiled egg. Combine any scraps and roll out once more, repeat until all dough has been used.
- Once all of your bao's have been filled, steam them over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Lightly brush the top of each calzone with butter and sprinkle Italian seasoning.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until tops begin to golden.