keto and gluten-free ube bread
Recipe by: @ketocoffeeandlipstick
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|140 mins||20 mins||yes||medium|
Keto and gluten-free ube bread a la Scotty’s Everyday bread mix!
I am loving Scotty’s Everyday bread mix. It’s ZERO net carbs, gluten-free AND keto-friendly! It’s baked with yeast to give it all the doughy vibes I’ve missed since avoiding gluten. Definitely a must try if you’re living that keto, gluten-free lifestyle or searching for a nut-free, low carb bread alternative.
- 1 pack of Scotty's Everyday Bread Mix
- 1 ¼ cup warm milk (~110° F)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 20 drops ube concentrate
- 2 tsp ube extract
- 2-4 sugar free milk chocolate squares
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and melted butter
- Add ube concentrate and ube extract and stir
- In a separate mixing bowl, add bread mix then pour in liquid mix
- Mix at low-medium until batter is well combined – don’t forget to scrape down the sides and under the dough
- Cover dough in mixing bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours at room temp
- Cut cream cheese and chocolate into 8 parts
- Remove plastic wrap and divide dough into 8 equal parts
- Roll out dough balls and fill with cream cheese and milk chocolate
- Place ube bread rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins at 350° F. Enjoy!