keto almond strawberry danish
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|15 mins||25 mins||yes||easy|
The weekends are meant to slow down and relax. What better way to do that than with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea and a delicious danish?
Worry not, this sweet treat can be enjoyed guilt free as it has 0 net carbs, is gluten free, and non-gmo. Need anymore reasons to try this out?
Didn't think so.
- 1 package of scotty's everyday bread mix
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- sliced almonds
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Prepare the scotty's everyday keto bread mix according to the package.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out onto a piece of parchment paper using oil or butter to prevent it from sticking.
- Mix together almond extract, egg yolk, cream cheese, and sliced almonds.
- Place filling in the middle of the dough, then top with strawberries.
- After filling and placing the strawberries, slice the outer edges of both sides starting from the center outwards.
- Once the dough has been sliced, criss cross the slices over the middle.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.