gluten-free mediterranean pizza with creamed leeks
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||20 min||yes||easy|
You all know how much I love making homemade pizza! I’ve experimented with so many different crusts - always trying to find a healthier, but tasty option.
Though the crust is gluten-free, it’s thick and fluffy in texture! For those with nut allergies, you’ll be happy to know that this pizza crust contains no nut flours.
- scotty’s pizza crust mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 leek diced
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plain milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-5 artichoke hearts
- 10 green olives
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Meanwhile, prepare pizza crust according to scotty's everyday package instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat and add garlic and leeks and stir.
- Add in milk- I used plain almond milk but any milk works- and cornstarch, whisking together so it becomes slightly thick.
- Continue sauteeing for about 7-9 minutes, until leeks are soft.
- Spread creamed leeks on top of pizza crust and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Add mozzarella cheese followed by any additional pizza toppings of choice.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.