ginger spiced bundt cake
Recipe by: The Scotty's Everyday Team
|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||35 mins||yes||medium|
Serve this easy spiced bundt at your next winter party—everyone will appreciate that it’s sugar-free, gluten-free, nut-free and low carb!
Three reasons we love a spiced bundt cake? Number one: It comes out of the pan already looking festive—no need for building or frosting. Number two: You can leave the center empty, or decorate it using a candle, holly, herbs, fruit, or anything else you’re feeling. Number three: It warms up the whole house in the wintertime with a cozy gingerbread smell.
The sweetness of this cake is subtle, and we found that the powdered sweetener really helped to bring out balance with the spice notes. You could also make a glaze frosting inspired by using about 1 ½ cups of powdered sweetener, 6 teaspoons of milk, and 3 teaspoons of keto maple flavored syrup, like Lakanto. (This frosting idea and the spices used in this cake are inspired by this fabulous recipe from Salt & Baker!) If you use a glaze, wait until the cake has cooled completely before pouring.
- 1 pack of Scotty's Everyday Cupcake + Cake Mix
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter (grass-fed preferred)
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Dash cardamom (optional)
- Powdered sweetener (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt pan
- Pour your Scotty’s mix into a large bowl and add the dry spices (ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cardamom)
- Follow the directions on the Scotty’s mix
- Pour your batter into the bundt pan and cook for 30-35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean)
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then gently turn over and remove the cake
- You may want to carefully slice a layer off the bottom if you want the cake to sit flat. This is your snack!
- Dust with powdered sweetener of choice. Enjoy!