|prep time||bake time||keto-friendly||difficulty level|
|10 mins||5 mins||yes||easy|
We hear "the real thing," a lot in keto recipes, but this french toast is the REAL DEAL. So much so that the old stuff won't even compare.
@foodie_nbooty got this one right with the spongy texture, slight tanginess of sourdough, softness, and flavor. All the boxes are checked!
- two 1-inch slices of scotty's everyday keto bread
- 3/4 cup of egg whites
- 2 tbsp of keto creamer of choice or light coconut milk.
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp of butter or ghee
- sugar-free maple syrup
- Pour egg whites into a medium-size bowl, add creamer cinnamon, sweetener, and salt. Beat using a fork for 30 seconds until well combined
- Cut each keto bread slice horizontally into elongated rectangles.
- Add bread to the egg mixture and let it soak for about 2 minutes. Make sure bread pieces are well coated.
- On the pan melt 1tbsp of butter and add your soaked bread pieces. Pan fry until golden brown then flip and repeat until well browned from all the sides. Add a second tablespoon of butter if needed.
- Garnish with sugar-free maple syrup & enjoy!