chicago style deep dish pizza
This Pequod’s inspired Chicago-style deep dish pizza was made using this mix! Baked at high heat, a caramelized outer crust is formed by the cheese and sauce running down the edges of the dough. Dough is first laid down in the pan, followed by cheese, then finally sauce and toppings.
- 1 package of scotty's everyday pizza crust mix
- marinara sauce
- Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 500° F
- Follow pizza crust instructions on package.
- Cover the base of a cast iron skillet with the dough, kneading it across so that the dough begins to climb up the sides a bit.
- Place a layer of cheese on top of the dough and follow that by a layer of marinara sauce.
- Lastly, top it off with your toppings of choice. On this pizza pepperoni, italian sausage, and mushrooms were used.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the top of the skillet and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 10.