Queer On Keto
Low Carb Mediterranean-Inspired Stuffing with Pesto
H ot take: Stuffing isn't just for the holidays. All year round is a good time to eat your favorite bread dishes when they're made using our zero carb Keto Bread Mix. So next time there's a warm breeze in the air and seafood or grilled chicken on the menu, try this summery, Mediterranean-inspired stuffing created by @queer_on_keto! All you need now is a glass of rosé and an ocean view.
What you'll need:
1 package Scotty’s Everyday Bread Mix
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 packet (2 ¼ t.) active dry years
1 ¼ cup warm water (95- 110 °F)
2 tablespoons prepared or homemade pesto
¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted & sliced
¼ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 - 1 ½ cup seasoned chicken broth, boiled
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm water and yeast until fully dissolved. Add olive oil.
- Add in pesto, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts.
- Add in bread mix from packaging. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and let proof for 2 hours at room temperature. Once proofed, preheat the oven to 375 °F and brush the top of your dough with your egg wash (beaten egg with water).
Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Slice the bread and dice into small cubes. Toss with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, tossing around the pan every so often so as to not burn. They should be crunchy once baked.
- Toss croutons with chopped parsley, garlic, and pine nuts in a bowl. Pour piping hot broth over mixture and toss until well mixed.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and broil for 1-2 minutes, just until the op begins to brown. This will happen fast, so watch closely. Best served with pan-roasted chicken. Enjoy!